For a stay at home mother, it becomes highly frustrating if you have nothing intellectual to do all day. Dont get me wrong! Taking care of your family and kids, is a joy indeed. But then you need something extra!!
That is when you go to the web, in search of freelancing. In my opinion freelancing is a healthy options for those who love to write, and who do not want to leave home to work. But the irony is that, even though you are ” officially working” you do not have ” strict office hours.” That means no interruptions!
The main problem of freelancing for some is INTERRUPTIONS!!. There is always something happening. Either the baby needs food, needs to be changed, the phone ringing or the laundry bell ringing!! How to take time out from all this and do work? Simple————–ORGANIZE your self.
- When the bay is sleeping, quickly log in and start typing.
- When the laundry is put to wash, that is a good time to make your tea and settle down for a nice time with your laptop.
- When the older kids go to school, log in and work.
- At night, work away while your kids sleep. But remember to catch up in the afternoon. You need to rest yourself. If your kids are not in the habit of sleeping the afternoon, it is always a good practise to start making them take naps!!!
- And most importanty, when the kids are playing peacefully ( i knwo that is seldom!) take time to write down in your To Do diary, what assignment you are working on , when it is due, how and when you will complete it.
I know this sounds too good to be true. But believe you me, I have done this and it has helped me emmesnly. I am a happy freelancer and I advice you to become one too.